Ring Legends of Tolkien (Tolkien Illustrated Guides #7) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 7 in the Tolkien Illustrated Guides series.
- #1: A Dictionary of Tolkien (Tolkien Illustrated Guides #1) (Paperback): $14.95
- #3: The Battles of Tolkien (Tolkien Illustrated Guides #3) (Paperback): $15.99
- #4: The Heroes of Tolkien (Tolkien Illustrated Guides #4) (Paperback): $15.99
- #5: The Dark Powers of Tolkien (Tolkien Illustrated Guides #5) (Paperback): $15.99
- #6: The Hobbits of Tolkien (Tolkien Illustrated Guides #6) (Paperback): $15.99
Learn the most popular legends about the Rings of Power!
The history of J. R. R. Tolkien's fictional world of Middle-earth is filled with an ongoing struggle between good and evil, centered on a set of rings forged by Elves and an evil sorcerer. The Ring Legends of Tolkien recounts stories and conflicts surrounding the Rings of Power. Insightful commentary by Tolkien scholar David Day discusses how people, tactics, and weapons were used to obtain and control the rings, and also how the legends of Middle-earth relate to the real-world mythology on which Tolkien based his famous literary creation. Maps and full-color illustrations help bring this rich universe to life, making it an invaluable reference book for Tolkien fans of all ages.
This work is unofficial and is not authorized by the Tolkien Estate or HarperCollins Publishers.
About the Author
David Day is the author of five major books on the world of J.R.R. Tolkien, including Guide to Tolkien’s World: A Bestiary and A Guide to Tolkien. Together with Tolkien: The Illustrated Encyclopedia, these books have been translated into sixteen languages, and have sold in excess of two million copies. A Canadian living in Toronto, Day has also published over thirty other books of mythology, history, fantasy, fiction, and poetry, for both adults and children.