To Be Where You Are (Mitford Novel) (Large Print / Paperback)
Other Books in Series
- #1: At Home in Mitford: A Novel (A Mitford Novel #1) (Paperback): $17.00
- #2: A Light in the Window (A Mitford Novel #2) (Paperback): $17.00
- #3: These High, Green Hills (A Mitford Novel #3) (Paperback): $17.00
- #4: Out to Canaan (A Mitford Novel #4) (Paperback): $17.00
- #5: A New Song (A Mitford Novel #5) (Paperback): $17.00
- #6: A Common Life (A Mitford Novel #6) (Paperback): $17.00
- #7: In This Mountain (A Mitford Novel #7) (Paperback): $17.00
- #8: Shepherds Abiding (A Mitford Novel #8) (Paperback): $16.00
- #9: Light from Heaven (A Mitford Novel #9) (Paperback): $17.00
- #10: Home to Holly Springs (A Mitford Novel #10) (Paperback): $17.00
- #11: In the Company of Others (A Mitford Novel #11) (Paperback): $17.00
- #12: Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good: The New Mitford Novel (A Mitford Novel #12) (Paperback): $17.00
- #13: Come Rain or Come Shine (A Mitford Novel #13) (Paperback): $17.00
- #14: To Be Where You Are (A Mitford Novel #14) (Paperback): $17.00
#1 New York Times bestselling author Jan Karon returns with the fourteenth novel in the beloved Mitford series, featuring three generations of Kavanaghs.
After twelve years of wrestling with the conflicts of retirement, Father Tim Kavanagh realizes he doesn't need a steady job to prove himself. Then he's given one. As for what it proves, heaven only knows.
Millions of Karon fans will be thrilled that it's life as usual in the wildly popular Mitford series: A beloved town character lands a front-page obituary, but who was it, exactly, who died? And what about the former mayor, born the year Lindbergh landed in Paris, who's still running for office? All this, of course, is but a feather on the wind compared to Muse editor J.C. Hogan's desperate attempts to find a cure for his marital woes. Will it be high-def TV or his pork chop marinade?
In fiction, as in real life, there are no guarantees.
Twenty minutes from Mitford at Meadowgate Farm, newlyweds Dooley and Lace Kavanagh face a crisis that devastates their bank account and impacts their family vet practice.
But there is still a lot to celebrate, as their adopted son, Jack, looks forward to the most important day of his life--with great cooking, country music, and lots of people who love him. Happily, it will also be a day when the terrible wound in Dooley's biological family begins to heal because of a game--let's just call it a miracle--that breaks all the rules.
In To Be Where You Are, Jan Karon weaves together the richly comic and compelling lives of two Kavanagh families, and a cast of characters that readers around the world now love like kin.
About the Author
Jan Karon is the author of the bestselling series of fourteen Mitford novels featuring Episcopal priest Father Timothy Kavanagh and the fictional village of Mitford, the most recent of which, To Be Where You Are, hit #1 on the Wall Street Journal bestseller list and #2 on the New York Times bestseller list. She is also the author of twelve other books, including a cookbook and several books for children. Karon lives in Charlottesville, Virginia.